ALL SCI-FI Forum IndexALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            Calendar

NEWS:
Happy Belated B-Day to Heather Young!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobertDay
Galactic Explorer

:

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Happy Belated B-Day to Heather Young! Reply with quote

Dear Gang;

I missed this yesterday because of a fault while trying to correct a mistake I made here at ASF.

This is from The Time Tunnel Fan Forum.

Butch

HAPPY 65th BIRTHDAY TO 'LAND OF THE GIANTS' ACTRESS HEATHER YOUNG!!!

Thu Apr 1, 2010 7:58 pm (PDT)

"Heather Young looked like an entirely different person out of make-up. She wasn't the least bit glamorous off the set but on the show she was very attractive." Bill Neff, Lighting Technician (for the LAND OF THE GIANTS TV series).

"Heather (Young) was a Mormon, and I was always trying to get her to y bad things. Once I begged her to say the F word. She would go 'F-F-F-F ' and blush. She told me that she couldn't say bad words. She was a doll." Don Matheson, Actor (Mark Wilson on the LAND OF THE GIANTS TV series).

Today marks the 65th birthday of screen and television actress Heather Young (born on April 1st, 1945) who appeared as the terrified young Cliffport, Maine resident Joan Crown in THE TIME TUNNEL (ABC 1966-67) episode "Town of Terror" (07/04/1967).

Of course Ms. Young is better remembered for her recurring role as futuristic Spindrift stewardess Betty Ann Hamilton on the LAND OF THE GIANTS (ABC 1968-70) TV series.

Heather Young's other television credits includes THE DONNA REED SHOW )Donna's Bank Account"), BATMAN ("The Mad Hatter Runs Afoul"), FELONY SQUAD ("Kiss Me, Kill You" with Ross Elliott seen in THE TIME TUNNEL episodes "One Way to the Moon" and "Visitors from Beyond the Stars"), JUDD FOR THE DEFENSE ("Tempest in a Texas Town"), GALACTICA 1980 ("The Night the Cylons Came Out," Part One and Two) in addition to the made-for-television movies IN NAME ONLY (1969) and OH, NURSE! (1972).

Heather Young's sole film credit is A GUIDE FOR THE MARRIED MAN (1967) based on the book by Frank Tarloff (February 04th, 1916 - June 25th, 1999).

A most HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Heather Young!

As a (fitting) tribute to Heather Young provided is a weblink to an online audioclips of Johnny Williams' main opening title themes for both the first (1968-69) and second (1969-70) seasons of LAND OF THE GIANTS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcCPzmjAUk

Lastly, as a further tribute to Heather Young provided is a weblink to the GALLIFREYAN EMBASSY online overview-assessment of THE TIME TUNNEL episode "Town of Terror" and "Raiders from Outer Space" (31/03/1967) by Chase (dated August 23rd, 2009):

http://podshock.net/vortex/?q=node/640

Take a good close look at the patch. It first appeared in Our Man Flint as the symbol for Galaxy.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Mackerel, this chick is hot!

Thanks for info and the pictures, Butch. This is a very lovely lady.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Breaking News! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: